Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Jetting  (Read 1373 times)

Offline raptorfireman

• Street Cred: 0
Jetting
« on: July 18, 2008, 04:49:19 PM »
I'm getting ready to jet (Dynojet kit) for a HMF slip on an K&N with airbox lid removed. My question is this. Is removing the lid considered a modified airbox? If so, What DJ main did you start with and did you have to adjust anything else, E-clip, ect?  :confused: I'm following the directions for below 3000 feet (i'm at 650-700 feet). I'm trying not to go through a 1000 jet combinations if possible. LOL   :help: :help: :help:
06 YFZ 450
TC Racing Motor (National Series)
TC Racing Exhaust (tuned to motor)
GYTR Air Filter
JB Racing Reinforced Frame
Lost Creek Cycles Steering Stabilizer
Pro Taper Contour Handle Bars
Rath Racing Nerfs,Bumper and Grab Bar
GYTR/Golden West Graphic Kit

Online Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
Re: Jetting
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 05:25:36 PM »
I'm getting ready to jet (Dynojet kit) for a HMF slip on an K&N with airbox lid removed. My question is this. Is removing the lid considered a modified airbox? If so, What DJ main did you start with and did you have to adjust anything else, E-clip, ect?  :confused: I'm following the directions for below 3000 feet (i'm at 650-700 feet). I'm trying not to go through a 1000 jet combinations if possible. LOL   :help: :help: :help:

can't tell you the jet numbers, but yes, removed lid is "modified" you will need to bump yor main at least, and maybe up a notch on the clip, you will be flowing a lot more air. I rejetted the 660 with the lid on, and my friend convinced me to remove it out at the dunes-it ran like crap. I just put it back on.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline exentix

• Street Cred: 3
    • Email
Re: Jetting
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 09:55:33 AM »
i have the lid off mine and a k&n and i run a 155 main jet (i think its minuki jet tho, dj i believe is 136)

i could be wrong tho